Our vibration is simply our energetic quality. Just think of it this way, sometimes you meet someone and you want to spend more time with them, and other times you might get a certain feeling that makes you want to hold them at arms length – that’s vibration. Sometimes we feel bouncy and light, and other times we feel weighed down by the world around us.
It’s more than just how we feel, because it is transferable too. And while this might seem a little ‘woo woo’ to many, even scientists like Albert Einstein understood that everything in life is vibration. And who are we to argue with him?
So much can influence how we vibrate, it can be simple things like the people we spend time with, and the activities we participate in. But it can also be impacted by what we consume in terms of media, TV, movies and music. Food has a vibration and can impact how we feel and the energy we put out into the world. Even our thoughts and words have vibrations. The law of attraction speaks to this, and to be honest we might leave it there, because we don’t want to nerd out on you too much.
But how do we change it? If we are not feeling like we’re in a good place, it makes sense that we would want to change our vibration. The science behind this goes very deep, and while we like to get a little spiritual, we promised not to nerd out on you too much, so we’ll keep this nice and light and hit you with our top 10 ways we increase our vibration and raise our consciousness.
1. Exercise – We experience the world through our bodies, and the quickest way to change your vibrational state is to simply move. You will notice how fast you can alter your energy by simply moving. (Remember, the only workout you ever regretted was the one you didn’t do). Your body releases chemical endorphins when you sweat – and who doesn’t want more endorphins? It doesn’t always have to be a full on sweat session though. Simply doing some yoga or stretches, or a quick walk will often do the trick.
2. Be in nature – Get sun on your face, feel the fresh air on your skin, put your feet on the earth, feel the sand between your toes, breath fresh air. We are connected to our environment and cannot be separated from it. So go and reconnect with mother nature and witness your change in mood.
3. Eat high vibration foods - Everything we consume is a life force of energy. We truely are what we eat. If you eat a lot of 'dead energy' in the form of meat, fried or processed foods, you will lower your vibration. By eating a nutrient dense diet high in fruits, vegetables and other plants, your body literally absorbs this and heightens your vibration.
4. Reducing toxins and alcohol – It does feel good temporarily to have a drink. But if you want to be clear, spiritually conscious, connected and have a healthy outlook on life, eliminating alcohol and other toxins from your body is a great way to go. Alcohol numbs your consciousness and keeps you vibrating low. We want to experience the world to it’s fullest so, to do this we need to be fully conscious and aware. Being free from alcohol is a great way to raise this energy vibration. Try it for a month and see for yourself.
5. Mindfulness meditation and breath work – This brings you into the present moment. Being present is considered truth, truth is a top level vibrational state, and to access truth you simply need to access the present moment. The past and future live only in your mind and the truth is in the now. Meditating and breathing calms your nervous system, improves your mood, and creates feelings of peace – these are high-vibe qualities that will help you soar.
6. Gratitude – A proven way to instantly lift your mood and vibration. When you are feeling a little low, simply stop, turn your attention to your environment and think about what you see and what you are grateful for in that exact moment. Do it daily, practice it with your family, make it a focus for a little while, and you will notice yourself more easily finding the good in every-day small things.
7. Love – Love is the fourth highest vibrating state of being (on the Hawkins scale of consciousness). We all instinctively know that when we love we are closer to our highest selves. Love is powerful, it helps us overcome even our darkest moments. Simply activate your love by closing your eyes and thinking about someone you love. Visualise being with them and speaking with them and notice how you feel. Did you feel your heart fill and lift? Or better still, if they’re nearby, go and hug them!
8. Forgiveness – Simply let any ill feelings go. Blame is a low end emotion that weighs us down. Practice forgiveness when ever you can. You don’t need to wait for an apology to forgive, infact you don’t even need to tell the other person. You can simply choose to let it go and rise higher.
9. Positivity – What you think creates your reality. Like attracts like. Similar to gratitude, positivity is a skill that can be developed. If we think negatively, we are essentially focusing on the negative thought and hence manifesting this outcome. If we think positively we are manifesting positive outcomes. It takes only seconds for one thought to influence the next and these thoughts influence the energy around us. But it’s not necessarily a ‘fake it till you make it’ type situation. It needs to be authentic. This is where gratitude comes into play and being careful about what we let influence us. Which brings us to our final point…
10. Music, books and entertainment – We need to take care of what we let our mind consume. Carefully curate what you consume in terms of media and entertainment (even people), as this becomes part of you and becomes part of what you then put out into the world. Have you ever felt heavy after finishing a book or movie? Perhaps you really enjoyed it, but it left you feeling heavy and burdened. Have you ever listened to a song that you really enjoy, but it simply doesn't lift you and give you energy? You are taking on the vibrations of what you have consumed. It’s easy in today’s world to be selective about what you consume. Go do a social media audit today, get rid of the dead wood that doesn’t serve you and listen to some up beat music. It will change how you feel.
So there you have it, 10 things you can influence to change your vibrational state. Think of these 10 things as tools you can use when you need them.
You will have noticed that one of the 10 things is reducing or eliminating alcohol. This is no accident. One of the reason we choose to bring you such great non-alcoholic drinks is because we want to help raise the collective consciousness of Australians. Being alcohol free, fully conscious and present is just one of the many ways you can change your vibration any time you want. When you lift, the people around you lift too, and this is something we all want.
Your best life is in your hands.